Pat Heung Central Primary School, formerly known as Tung Yik School and Shek Wu School is a school with a long history and tradition. The former (Tung Yik School), was funded by the oldest organization developed by villagers from Pat Heung, Tung Yik Tong in 1921. The then Governor of Hong Kong, Sir Reginald Edward Stubbs performed the opening ceremony and the school served as the first formal village school in the New Territories.
The school building has a century-old history and was listed as one of the 1,444 historic buildings in Hong Kong with a Grade 2 status of protected cultural relics and Grade 3 status of historical buildings by the Antiquities and Monuments Office.
To enable the children of Pat Heung to have a right to select a school, Pat Heung Central was founded in 2003. In 2009, The Incorporated Management Committee (IMC) was established, and the committee is composed of Tong Yik Tong school managers, parents, and teachers. The current school supervisor and principal are Mr Lai Wai Hung and Ms Irene Lai Yuen Shan respectively.